Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11

The kids were back at work this morning and happy to do so! They worked with their dogs here at Mira until lunch and then after lunch they took their dogs to St. Hyacinthe, a neighboring city about the size of Aiken. Ryan said his dog did "awesome" and so did the others, although Darcie's dog tried to take her into a bar. :) The kids got a kick out of that. It rained here quite a bit but it apparently just missed the kids and rained pretty hard on their commute back to Mira. Ryan says that he believes they will work there again tomorrow.
Ryan told me that his dog has a "hot spot" on his neck and he has to give him medicine and spray it everyday. He also asked me to buy him some rubbing alcohol because he wants to clean his collar of any bacteria. I think it is wonderful how he has completely taken on the role of this dog's caregiver!! Obviously, this is the way it should be; I am just pleased that my boy has it in him. Not that I ever would have doubted it; it just makes me proud to see it.
One thing I was concerned about with Ryan's stay while he was here, was whether or not he would eat. I know some of the other parents thought about the same thing. Of course, he is used to my cooking and I wasn't so sure the food at Mira would meet his standards (not that my cooking is "all that"!) Well, Jean, Giselle and Danielle feed these kids incredibly well and every time I ask Ryan how lunch or dinner was he replies "awesome!". They have home-made desserts constantly and the chefs are always asking the kids if there is anything they would like. They really take care of these kids! My concern now is whether Ryan will eat when he gets home!!
More tomorrow! Au Voir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment