Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14

Hello everyone! It was another beautiful day here in St. Madaleine! Ryan and friends worked around campus this morning. I watched them briefly from my patio and I could see that Karen was speaking to them on a walkie talkie as they walked their dogs through grassy areas and around trees and bushes. When I talked with Ryan after lunch he said they were working on correcting their dogs if they stop to sniff. Dogs do like to do that, afterall!
This afternoon, they were back in St. Hyacinthe walking around city blocks. That was pretty much their day.
I get to visit Ryan and his dog on Saturday and Sunday. I am very excited to see Ryan and to PET HIS DOG!! I can't wait!
I thought I would share some pictures of the Mira campus. You might be able to see how clean they keep this place. There are people here working on the grounds constantly.

This is the Eukanuba building. It is where they train the wheelchair bound students.
And one from the front.

The garden area. You can't tell from the picture, but there is a  gravel track that goes around the garden that is about 1/4 mile long. There are some beautiful views from here.

This is one of those views...
And here is another.

Ryan walking with his dog around the kennel. You might notice the track that is running above Ryan's head. To train the dogs to avoid moving objects, they hang dummies and other things from the track and the track moves the objects around the perimeter of the kennel. You can see that the track is not straight; it zig zags and waves. Pretty smart, huh?

That is all for tonight. Au voir!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping us up to date and informed about what the kids are doing.
    I had to laugh when you said that Darcie's dog tried to take her into a bar.Everyone that I have told has had a good laugh about that.
    Keep up the good work, and enjoy this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie,
    I know that family and friends want to take part in this experience as much as they can so I so happy to do this!
    The kids have had a good laugh about Darcie's dog trying to take her into the bar, too! I told Ryan that Darcie's dog is the official "party animal". :)

    ReplyDelete