Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 23

Bienvenue! After a morning of work in St Hyacinthe, I was able to spend the afternoon with Ryan off campus!! Yay!! After lunch, Ryan and I spent about an hour or so sitting in my room talking about his week, reflecting on this experience and making plans for when Mike, Natalie and Jared visit. I asked Ryan what it was like to walk through the mall yesterday with his dog. "Awesome" was his reply. I was a bit surprised by his reply as Mike and malls are like water and oil, but I soon realized the reason for his excitement; my 14 year old son has never walked independently through a mall before until yesterday. We sighted people take for granted going through the mall, into the stores we want to, exploring where we want to go and letting our mood and curiosity guide us. Ryan and his friends have never done that, until now.
So, where did Ryan and I go on his day off? Why, to the mall, of course! Ryan wanted to get a Montreal Canadians cap, so off we went with his dog in the back seat. We found what we came for, plus a shirt (mama`s feeling proud...) and we wandered around; me following Ryan and dog for the first time ever! :)
We decided to go out to eat at a pizza house and had a very nice dinner together; Ryan, dog and I. This, obviously, was the first time I had ever eaten out with a guide dog at my feet and it is one I am certain I will never forget. What a day....
Happy to be at dinner with me. At least it looks that way!
Hanging out after dinner.
Michael, the computer expert!
A.J.`s beautiful hockey dog!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment